"If your home is in a high-risk flood area and you have obtained a mortgage through a federally regulated or insured lender, you are required to purchase a flood insurance policy."

This is a direct quote from FEMA's web site.


If you live in the 100 year flood plain and you have a mortgage you are required by FEMA to have flood insurance.


To find out if you are in the high risk area click HERE and fill the form out on the left side of that page.


Not all realtors will tell you that you are required to have flood insurance.


Additional information can be found at the Faulkner County's web site at
Office of Emergency Management


Lake Conway 100 Year Flood Plain Map